Set around a dilapidated theatrical boarding house in a seaside town in the 1930s, BELLEVUE HOTEL tells a story of hope against adversity and a struggle against the odds, as landlady Elsie Lovejoy faces an eviction order from the factory boss next door.
But ex-showgirl, Elsie is no stranger to adversity, and when she realises her theatrical guests have some useful talents to deploy, they rally round to save her establishment, and together they do battle with the property developer and his Demolition Men!
With live piano music, silent comedy, magical illusions and hair-raising action, BELLEVUE HOTEL is performed in the inimitable, non-verbal, comic style for which Bash Street Theatre has become renowned.
The show features a two-storey hotel and balcony, alongside the towering chimney of the neighbouring factory. This provides several different levels on which the story unfolds, and where the Demolition Men wreak havoc in a dramatic finale.
BELLEVUE HOTEL will be available for booking from May 2017.
Bash Street Theatre has toured throughout the UK and extensively in Europe, with performances in France, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain, where it won the ‘best street theatre’ award at the prestigious Fira Tàrrega International Theatre Festival. The company has also performed at Macau International Arts Festival in China, Gwacheon and Gwangju International Theatre Festivals in South Korea, and Bat Yam International Theatre Festival in Israel.
Bash Street Theatre is looking to form partnerships with commissioners who would like to support and aid the development of this new show.
Basic Technical Requirements
• Performance fee plus travel, accommodation and subsistence.
• Level performing area of 14m x 10m, with a height of at least 7m.
• Access to performing area for unloading, and parking facilities beside the set.
• Access to mains electricity power supply two hours before and after the performance.
• Maximum of 24 meters of safety barriers to be supplied by the promoter (less if we back onto a secure area).
• At least one steward to be supplied by the promoter.
• Show running time 55 minutes approx.
• Get-in time is 3 hours.
• Get-out time is 2 hours.
• We have public liability insurance (Indemnity £10,000,000).