Taking books now for October 2017 to March 2018!
THE LION TAMER is one of a trilogy of silent movie shows from the award-winning Bash Street Theatre Co.
Inspired by the comic genius of Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin, it has been specially designed to tour village halls and small-scale theatres.
It’s a melodrama full of action, pathos and silent comedy, combining circus skills, slapstick humour and live piano music to recreate a black-and-white movie from the golden age of the silver screen.
A ‘two-bit’ circus has arrived in town. It’s run by a crooked showman and his long-suffering assistant, and they are running out of acts. So when a down-at-heel traveller arrives looking for work, he is given an audition. But he takes on more than he
bargained for when he is persuaded to become a last-minute replacement for … The Lion Tamer!
THE LION TAMER is inspired by the 1928 Charlie Chaplin film ‘The Circus’ and follows in the style of our two successful silent-movie street theatre productions, CLIFFHANGER! and THE STRONGMAN.
“A great show. Classic characters, funny and full of surprises.”
Tim Smithies, director of Carn to Cove, rural touring scheme
This project has been funded by Arts Council England and FEAST.
* Available for booking from October 2017.
* Suitable for all ages, families and older generations.
* Promoters Info web site page with downloadable images and other information (password protected).
* Sample A4 posters/A5 leaflets with a space for promoters to overprint.
* Level performing area of 6m wide x 6m deep, with a height of at least 4m.
* Good access for unloading with parking facilities (vehicle 7m long).
* Close access to 240-volt electricity power supply.
* Length of performance: approx. 90 minutes (including 20 minute interval)
* Set-up time: Three hours.
* Get out time: Two hours.
* Public liability: £5 million.
* Risk assessment available.
The Lion Tamer was touring during the winter months of 2009, 2010 and 2011.