Silent comedy, live music and a little bit of magic.
With two performers, one musician and some very-fast costume changes, BELLEVUE HOTEL is a lively outdoor family show set around a dilapidated, theatrical boarding house. It tells the story of the hotel landlady and her battle with the gangster boss of the neighbouring ice cream factory who is determined to buy her out.
But the landlady is no stranger to adversity, and when she realises her theatrical guests have some useful talents to deploy, they join forces and together they do battle with her nasty neighbour and his Demolition Men!
With live piano music, silent comedy, a touch of magic and some hair-raising action, BELLEVUE HOTEL is performed in the inimitable, non-verbal, comic style for which Bash Street Theatre has become renowned.
The show features a two-storey hotel and balcony alongside the chimney of the ice cream factory. This provides several different levels on which the story unfolds, and where the Demolition Men wreak havoc in a dramatic finale.
Bash Street Theatre is an international company that has performed at major festivals throughout the UK and in 22 European countries, as well as in China, South Korea, Japan, Israel, Turkey and Egypt. Our silent-movie show CLIFFHANGER! was awarded the ‘Best Street Show’ prize at the Fira de Teatre, in Tàrrega, Spain.
Basic Technical Requirements
• Performance fee plus travel, accommodation and subsistence.
• Level performing area of 14m x 10m, with a height of at least 7m.
• Access to performing area for unloading, and parking facilities beside the set.
• Access to mains electricity power supply two hours before and after the performance.
• Maximum of 24 meters of safety barriers to be supplied by the promoter (less if we back onto a secure area).
• At least one steward to be supplied by the promoter.
• Show running time 55 minutes approx.
• Get-in time is 3 hours.
• Get-out time is 2 hours.
• We have public liability insurance (Indemnity £10,000,000).
Click on the images below to see them in a larger format.