From ‘sometime in the future’, a jaded detective looks back on his early career as a young crime-fighter in the ‘Roaring 20s’ – the days of fake news, a world pandemic and global warming.
Set around a seedy French cafe, this is a playful homage to the film-noir genre. There’s a voice-over narration and live musical accompaniment including guitar, piano and accordion.
There is topical intrigue, mistaken identities and silent comedy as the storyline follows the fortunes of an inept cameraman who inadvertently becomes involved in an international robbery.
With influences as diverse as Tintin, Roger Rabbit, Humphrey Bogart and Buster Keaton, The Cameraman offers a comic view on the digital age with more than a touch of nostalgia for our analogue past.
This show will be touring outdoors throughout the summer of 2021 and 2022
Basic Technical Requirements
• Performance fee plus travel, accommodation and subsistence.
• Level performing area of 14m x 10m, with a height of at least 7m.
• Access to performing area for unloading, and parking facilities beside the set.
• Access to mains electricity power supply two hours before and after the performance.
• Safety barriers to be supplied by the promoter to secure the area.
• At least one steward to be supplied by the promoter.
• Show running time 50 minutes approx.
• Get-in time is 3 hours.
• Get-out time is 2 hours.
• We have public liability insurance (Indemnity £10,000,000).