With falling buildings, dare-devil escapology, silent comedy and live piano accompaniment, CLIFFHANGER! has proved to be Bash Street Theatre’s most successful and enduring street theatre show.
Inspired by Buster Keaton’s short film ‘Convict 13’, CLIFFHANGER! is a 45-minute, silent-movie style production that returns to the golden age of the silver screen. This action-packed, family show, enjoyed by audiences of young and old alike, has recently been revised and re-worked to include three new young performers, all members of the Bash Street Theatre family.
The story follows the fortunes of a love-sick café waiter as he becomes innocently embroiled in a prison escape. When the heroine is abducted by a convict, there ensues a series of hair-raising episodes as our hero strives to rescue his new-found love.
CLIFFHANGER! has toured throughout the UK and extensively in Europe, with performances in France, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Germany, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Spain, where it won the ‘Best Street Theatre Show’ award at the prestigious Fira Tarrega International Theatre Festival.
It has also been performed at the Macau International Arts Festival in China, the Gwacheon and Gwangju International Theatre Festivals in South Korea, and the Bat Yam International Theatre Festival in Israel.
In September 2006 CLIFFHANGER! won the award for the Best Street Show at Fira de Teatre al Carrer at Tàrrega, Spain.
The show is ideal for all ages, lasts approximately 45 minutes, and can be performed in the evening or daytime.
Click here to download promotional Information
‘A very clever, witty and well thought out show, and a fantastic finale… kept young and old entranced for a full hour.’ Lyn Gardner, The Guardian
‘A well-crafted, well-performed, funny and engaging street theatre show…small children and adults alike were delighted.’ Dorothy Max Prior, Total Theatre Magazine
Basic Technical Requirements
• Performance fee plus travel, accommodation and subsistence.
• Preferred performance time is early evening, at dusk.
• Level performing area of 14m x 10m, with a height of at least 7m.
• Access to performing area for unloading, and parking facilities beside the set.
• Access to mains electricity power supply two hours before and after the performance.
• Maximum of 24 meters of safety barriers to be supplied by the promoter, less if we back onto a secure area.
• At least one steward to be supplied by the promoter.
• Show running time 45 minutes approx.
• Get-in time is 3 hours.
• Get-out time is 2 hours.
• We have public liability insurance (Indemnity £10,000,000)
Click images to see them in a carousel.